POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help With Outlook Express : Re: Help With Outlook Express Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:24:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help With Outlook Express
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 9 May 2009 18:29:42
Message: <4a0603d6$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 09 May 2009 08:18:45 -0400, clipka wrote:

>> > Can a firewall filter certain NGs out (maybe that have ".org" in them
>> > instead of ".com")?
>>
>> Possibly; you'd have to ask your firewall administrator.
>
> If even telnet to the port won't work, it cannot be a NG-specific
> filter, can it?
>
> So looks like the whole NG server is deliberately filtered out (or, more
> likely, not deliberately "filtered in").

Not group-specific, the entire server is blocked, either intentionally or
not.

I took Eric's post to mean "news server" because he mentioned ".org" vs.
".com" - that would be server-based rather than group-based, since the
group doesn't have the server's name or DNS entry in it.

Thinking about it a little more, I wonder what would happen if he used
the server's IP address rather than the DNS name.

Jim