POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The next evolution in P2P : Re: The next evolution in P2P Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:24:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The next evolution in P2P
From: somebody
Date: 9 May 2009 17:30:53
Message: <4a05f60d$1@news.povray.org>
"andrel" <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
news:4A0### [at] hotmailcom...
> On 9-5-2009 17:23, somebody wrote:
> much money they earn. This has caused a huge amount of protest here.

> > I cannot blame copyright holders for trying to protect their interests.
It's
> > the freeloaders that are ruining it for everybody.
>
> In this context it is not clear which freeloaders you mean

I mean:

> - the persons that download music and movies that they can not afford now

as well as

- the persons that download music and movies that they can afford now

As for:

> - the persons that trick parliaments into giving money to the industry
> (i.d. themselves) with moving stories about the artists not getting
> paid. While making sure that almost none of that money will reach the
> artists as that would make another round of free money impossible.

they would not be able to do this if it were not for the freeloaders. Hence
the phrase " freeloaders that are ruining it for *everybody* ". It's the
same old story: Some break the law, everybody is made to pay the price
because they either protect the law breakers or are oblivious to it.