POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The next evolution in P2P : Re: The next evolution in P2P Server Time
9 Oct 2024 08:26:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The next evolution in P2P
From: Darren New
Date: 9 May 2009 11:51:31
Message: <4a05a683$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> luckily nobody said or even implied that
>
>   I disagree. The original point seemed to be "now that the pirate bay is
> down, the bittorrent idea might need to be changed", as if bittorrent somehow
> depended on the pirate bay.

No. The original point was "now that people see it's possible to get
prosecuted for providing search engines that index starter-seed (aka torrent
files) for copyrighted materials, starter-seeds for P2P sharing can and I'm
guessing likely will be modified to where you can search them without the
search host knowing what keywords will return what hits.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)