POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : LinkedIn : Re: LinkedIn Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:15:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LinkedIn
From: scott
Date: 7 May 2009 02:58:41
Message: <4a0286a1$1@news.povray.org>
> Hey, speaking of it: I didn't bother to do the NNTP header and WHOIS
> detective
> work, so I'm not sure what that company may be, but what the heck:
> "well-known
> major electronics manufacturer" doesn't sound too bad. As it happens, I'm
> currently searching for a new job opportunity as an embedded SW developer
> in
> the automotive business; any vacancies at your company these days?

Unfortunately we have nothing to do with software, we just make the LCDs and
usually the Tier-1 company integrates it into the car.  A lot of the time
the Tier-1 company will also outsource the software (or be directed to by
the car manufacturer) because they can't do automotive grade software
themselves.  If you are interested I can tell you the names of the
automotive system integrators I've worked with here in southern Germany, you
might find something on their websites somewhere?

> I currently live in Cologne, so if your company should happen to have a
> subsidiary near Ford Cologne with development activity there... hey, that
> could
> be a major hit.

Unfortunately not, our Engineering office is here in Munich (also with a
small sales office next door), the sales HQ for Europe is in Hamburg.  We do
support Ford Cologne (I've only been there once though), the main projects
I've worked on with Ford have been run from Ford US though.

If you're interested in Ford and software, then you might be interested in
their Sync module:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Sync

That's what we're interfacing with for new projects at the moment, looks
like there might be some software development needed for that, but probably
done in Ford US.