POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : LinkedIn : Re: LinkedIn Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:13:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LinkedIn
From: Invisible
Date: 6 May 2009 06:02:27
Message: <4a016033$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> It's funny, because just the other day one of my friends sent me an
> invite. So I made an account, and I seem to be automatically "connected"
> to my friend, but I have no idea how to find or add you...

Heh, well well, let me see now...

The NNTP headers of your message record your IP address. A quick WHOIS
query of the RIPE database tells me that this address belongs to a very
well-known major electronics manufacturer. It also gives a location -
Germany. (This vaguely fits what I remember you saying.)

Searching LinkedIn for a "Scott" located in Germany working for this
company gives me a single hit - somebody working in the Munich area as a
Senior Engineer, in the "automotice" field, educated at Cambridge. So it
seems fairly likely that's you then.

But I need to pay money to send you an invite. ;-)

[Apparently this is an anti-spam feature. I like that; charging people
money is a "feature".]

I'm not actually sure what information you'd need to be able to make
contact. Maybe just my real name? (Which, as Gilles points out, is
unfortunately trivially findable...)