POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Terragen and POV-Ray : Re: Terragen and POV-Ray Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:25:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Terragen and POV-Ray
From: Mike Williams
Date: 30 Oct 2005 21:19:03
Message: <4Q4tbPA46XZDFwJX@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Jon Berndt who wrote:
>Speaking of Terragen ...
>
>I've got an aerospace vehicle that I have rendered and would like to place
>it in a Terragen scene. What I've done in the past is to use Gimp to select
>the image very carefully using the "Fuzzy" selected feature, etc. It
>actually doesn't work so bad. I was wondering, though, if someone else has a
>good technique to place a POV-ray object (such as an aircraft) into another
>image (such as a Terragen image). I'll try and post my example in the
>.images group this evening, just for grins.

You could paint the Terragen scene onto a background plane as an
image_map that exactly fills the screen. (The methods in
incdemo/screen.pov might possibly be useful for positioning). And create
your vehicle in front of it.

finish {ambient 1} to prevent shadows being cast onto the backdrop.

There was a recent thread somewhere dealing with how to preserve the
gamma.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure