POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Random Filling Plane with objects : Re: Random Filling Plane with objects Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:24:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random Filling Plane with objects
From: Leroy Whetstone
Date: 13 Apr 2011 23:37:38
Message: <4DA66BE0.5030302@joplin.com>
Spheres placement done. Also I tried the same technique putting spheres
in a box.
Not so fast, it took 30 min. to place 170,000 in a 100*100*100 box

What got me started on this is an old random placement POV file that use
rather slow and time consuming algorithm. What I like about the
algorithm I use is that you have a choice of how close you want the
objects to be to each other. From touching to far apart.

Have Fun!