POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : HELP! How do I get out of "My Documents" ? : Re: HELP! How do I get out of "My Documents" ? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:16:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HELP! How do I get out of "My Documents" ?
From: Leroy Whetstone
Date: 2 Mar 2011 23:26:36
Message: <4D6F183E.8000902@joplin.com>
Mike the Elder wrote:
> How do I tell POV-Pay to look for POVRAY.ini somewhere BESIDES "My Documents"?
>
> I'm setting it up on an office machine that has a morning user, but that will be
> free for rendering use at night.
>
> I don't want ANYTHING POV-Ray related in "My Documents" (I also don't wish to
> set up multiple users.) Once I get it to read POVRAY.ini, I can easily do the
> rest with "Library_Path".
>
> It's an XP Pro system in case that matters.
>
> Thanks in advance for all replies.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Mike C.

  I don't know about XP or what version of POV you have. The big
question is the povray.ini got in "My Documents". I have Win version of
POV 3.6 and Win98 and the povray.ini is in the renderer folder. I had to
look it up I haven't use it in a long time. I got several of those ini
files all over the place. My version of POV has a big INI button you
push that lets you do what ya need to with the ini files.
Have Fun!