  Re: Molecular biology
From: andrel
Date: 30 Jan 2011 16:51:19
Message: <4D45DD54.6070703@gmail.com>
On 30-1-2011 20:32, Darren New wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>>> I.e., I doubt there's much traffic of inexpensive stolen firearms
>>> between the USA and the UK.
>>
>> I don't think they need to be stolen.
>
> Why are you blaming the USA if you can pass import restriction laws to
> solve your problem, then?

I am *NOT* blam... sorry you got that by now.

> I assumed you were talking about *illegal*
> firearms, because otherwise all you have to do is pass a law making the
> legal firearms illegal to solve *that* problem.

firearms are illegal here (minus a few exceptions). I was talking about
legally obtained guns entering illegal into this country. But you
already got that too.

>> What I proposed was to compare two situations 1) the current one where
>> the NRA is the main direct and indirect factor in gun control
>
> I think a lot of people in this country are in favor of being able to
> have their own guns. It's not like the NRA has taken over or something.

No, they just will make any politician or any journalist saying gun
control may be a good idea lose his job. ;)