POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling : Re: Kindling Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:19:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kindling
From: andrel
Date: 21 Jan 2011 12:36:32
Message: <4D39C431.1020707@gmail.com>
On 21-1-2011 10:00, Invisible wrote:
> On 20/01/2011 08:55 PM, Patrick Elliott wrote:
>
>> Yet, even in that case, you could, for legit use, photocopy pages out of
>> a book, for a classroom, or to show someone, etc., as long as you don't
>> *sell* the book, or its pages, to someone else. Not so with DRMed stuff.
>
> I'm not sure about the USA, but in the UK you can't photocopy stuff for
> use in the classroom without the copyright holder's permission. (Wanna
> guess why school materials cost so much?)

Here too. A friend of mine ended up having to prove that he did certain
drawings himself. Otherwise the default assumption was that they were
stolen. And no, they didn't need to show wherefrom. This was part of a
campus agreement where they needed to pay a certain amount per image per
reader to the general copyrightholders agency.