POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Germ Theory Denialism : Re: Germ Theory Denialism Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:15:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Germ Theory Denialism
From: andrel
Date: 2 Jan 2011 19:08:24
Message: <4D211375.2020506@gmail.com>
On 2-1-2011 23:12, Warp wrote:
> andrel<byt### [at] gmailcom>  wrote:
>> Wait a minute, are you really claiming that the white race is superior here?
>
>    Are you seriously expecting me not to get offended by such a comment?

Why on earth would I want to offend you? What would I gain by that?
No, it is just that what you wrote appeared to say that. I wanted to
give you the opportunity to set the record straight, just in case
somebody else reads it in this way.

In case you don't understand why I read it that way: we have been
arguing that different groups have different chances based on irrelevant
differences. I.e. what school you go to partly depends on your skin
color and the social status of your parents. Now suddenly you claim that
the elite (people born from well off parents) should be in charge.
To quote you: "The brilliant people are actually stopped from achieving
innovation because they are forced to stand back. No matter how "unfair"
it might be, but some people just are naturally more talented,
intelligent and capable than others. This is just a fact of life and we
have to live with it. Rather than complain about how unfair this is, the
society as a whole benefits if these "elite" people are given the
opportunity to thrive, to innovate, to drive progress. Moreover, they
should actually been given incentive (eg. monetary) to do so."

I can only assume that you put quotes on "elite" to show that you
actually don't mean the rich but the people with the best training. Only
that does not work. In reality these two groups overlap to a great
extend. That is what we have been saying the whole time, but what you
refuse to acknowledge. So, in your private world this is not a racist
remark, but be warned that quite a lot of people (not me) might see that
different.

Before replying that I am a fool, reread your post with this in mind and
see why I reacted the way I did.