POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Vector flood fill? : Re: Vector flood fill? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 15:11:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vector flood fill?
From: andrel
Date: 15 Nov 2010 14:46:18
Message: <4CE18E09.7010107@gmail.com>
On 15-11-2010 19:51, Darren New wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>> Took me some time to realize you were supposed to find the way in the
>> background.
>
> Me too. But I'd read the algorithm. (It's described on the wiki page for
> maze algorithms.)

which one?

>> Can't you use the fact that the walls separate in two sets (see attach).
>
> Well, only if you want the one path from entrance to exit. That doesn't
> work if you want to reach arbitrary goals within the maze - i.e., if you
> weren't starting at an edge, for example.

True, but I wasn't sure if it should solve also that general case. The
picture did suggest it wasn't.

For a more general approach I guess I would use something like dead end
filling and building a graph of all paths. Something like that is of
course also needed for the special red/blue path.