POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Time sink : Re: Time sink Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Time sink
From: andrel
Date: 28 Sep 2010 08:23:46
Message: <4CA1DE56.8020009@gmail.com>
On 28-9-2010 13:06, Warp wrote:

>>>     What I'm wondering is: Why must it be https?
>
>> Yeah, I was wondering about that too actually...
>
>> Maybe only the HTTPS port is open on the firewall or something?
>> Although, that would be pretty random...
>
>    The fact that the URL contains a username (which is what the tilde
> signifies in the unix world) would be indicative that it's a regular
> web server, rather than someone's personal computer (which might be
> behind a ISP-enforced firewall which allows only ssh/https connections).

The PC's that I use that run linux both have a general account in
/var/www/... *and* personal ones in the dir ~user/public_html so I would
think that a PC is very likely. In this case I tried the domain without
https and that immediately transfers to the https one.
Given who owns the domain I think it is a arbitrary decision by the
sysop, perhaps because he liked the rhythm or the sound better.