POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : kindle : Re: kindle Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:19:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: kindle
From: andrel
Date: 26 Aug 2010 15:44:51
Message: <4C76C446.1000100@gmail.com>
On 26-8-2010 21:37, Darren New wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>> the current pdf (from version 7 or 8) allows you to have 3D objects
>> embedded in it.
>
> I was completely unaware of any such thing.

you are not the only one. Only some journals allow this kind of
supplemental data. We would like more of those. It can really be a
useful addition to a paper.
Part of the problem is that almost nobody realizes that the possibility
is there, often without even changing any policy, as the supplemental
data (and the papers themselves) are in pdf format anyway.

>> I though the example I had was about 10MB it turns out it is only 2.4
>> what shall I do with it?
>
> If you want to email it to me, I'll put it on my Kindle and watch it
> churn. :-)

done