POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A random wondering of my own... : Re: A random wondering of my own... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:15:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A random wondering of my own...
From: andrel
Date: 20 Jul 2010 14:54:37
Message: <4C45F0EC.8090508@gmail.com>
On 20-7-2010 12:52, Warp wrote:
> andrel <byt### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> That we have currently no theory that describes what happen at
>> ridiculous energy levels does in no way imply that there is no
>> description possible.
>
>   But since you can't base it on any physical model, it would simply be a
> conjecture, nothing more.

If you think that the concept that space and time are connected and you
can not have one without the other is a conjecture, be my guest.

>> Or in other words, we don't know what happened,
>> only that something happened at those early times just after the big
>> bang. As such it has no implications on what happened before t=0.
>
>   If we don't know what happened, then we can't say "this happened" (ie.
> "time was created at the moment of the Big Bang"). That would be a
> contradiction.

You refer to not having a model for what happened *after* the big bang
whereas I am referring to 'before' the big bang. We are not talking
about the same thing and there is no contradiction.