POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Electronics research : Re: Electronics research Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:15:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Electronics research
From: andrel
Date: 21 May 2010 17:00:12
Message: <4BF6F461.8080301@gmail.com>
On 21-5-2010 10:20, Invisible wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>
>> Ok, Andy, here is the deal: we trust Ken in this, you put one of these
>> books on your Amazon Wish list and you give me a link to that wish
>> list. In exchange, after you received it, you read it and you stop
>> asking questions that are answered in the book. Remember: Ken has also
>> a copy.
>
> My mother once said something to me, which I try to follow [although I
> don't always succeed]. She said "if you don't have anything nice to say,
> don't say anything".
>
> If you think my questions are stupid or you don't feel like answering
> them, then fine. Don't answer them. Ignore the thread or something. But
> there's no need to make a point of telling me I'm stupid just because I
> *dared* to ask for a few pointers. OK?

I think you missed the point entirely. You really need a book or
something else that simply teaches you the basics. That in the end is
much more effective than asking questions here one at a time. I don't
have a book to recommend (I actually learned it from reading
datasheets). Ken apparently has, so my suggestion is to buy that book. I
can do that in two ways 1) simply say: 'Andy, buy that book', but that
has the problem that I cannot decide how you should spend your money or
2) what I said above. You are of course entirely free to see 2) as a
less friendly way, just as I am allowed to be totally flabbergasted by that.