POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Electronics research : Re: Electronics research Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Electronics research
From: andrel
Date: 21 May 2010 16:37:28
Message: <4BF6EF0D.6050801@gmail.com>
On 21-5-2010 15:53, clipka wrote:
> Am 21.05.2010 10:18, schrieb Invisible:

>> I have no idea how or why transistors work. But then, the entire _point_
>> of a logic gate is that it doesn't matter _how_ it works. It's a black
>> box. It implements a logical function. That should be all you need to
>> know.

Wrong. See clipka's comment below. Also it is vitally important to know
how a logical function is implemented if you are going to use it outside
the logical specification. In particular the mathematical logical NAND
is not specified if you leave one input open. What would a Haskell
implementation do if you leave one input open?