POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Not a geek : Re: Not a geek Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:25:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not a geek
From: andrel
Date: 13 May 2010 04:38:37
Message: <4BEBBA8B.6000402@gmail.com>
On 12-5-2010 21:25, Mike Raiford wrote:

>>> pardon my ignorance, but what is a GPO?
>>
>> What, couldn't Google it? >;-)
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Post_Office
>
> I saw that, but I didn't think it had any relevance to the conversation.
> You mean to tell me the post office controls the phone system?

Who else? Here the company was called the PTT for "Post Telegraaf
Telefoon". Despite the different spelling, I think you can figure out
what those words mean. There were all for obvious reasons (i.e. obvious
outside the US) state monopolies that involved communications, so the
logical thing (id.) is to combine them.