POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) : Re: Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:10:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
From: andrel
Date: 2 May 2010 17:20:05
Message: <4BDDEC7A.5060702@gmail.com>
On 2-5-2010 23:01, Warp wrote:

[ignoring darren's possible slip]
>   Now you are not arguing only against me, but against the law of Finland.
> Random sobriety tests are a common practice here, and nobody is complaining.

I assume random here means at a random place and then checking everybody.
Actually also one of the tools the police here use for finding  illegal
immigrants: Going into a workplace and asking everybody their papers
(and there should be a copy at the employer).

Border control might even be a better counterexample, because racial
profiling is definitely used there*. Then again, you could argue that it
is more effective this way. I haven't done the math for this case.

*) I have some colleagues that you should not be in line behind when
going to the states. They will be picked out of the line for
questioning** and you too because they want to hide the fact that they
only pick out Arab looking people.

**) One of the better openings to ensure a long stay with the border
control guys: After the general opening: 'what do you do for work?'
answering 'I research drugs that cause sudden death'. From an Iranian
that was born in Afghanistan.