POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) : Re: Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:22:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
From: andrel
Date: 2 May 2010 15:22:24
Message: <4BDDD0E6.8050802@gmail.com>
On 2-5-2010 20:41, Warp wrote:
> andrel <byt### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>>>   You send him to his own country's airport and let them decide what to do
>>> with him. Give him the phone number of Amnesty International.
>>>
>> Just never, ever go into politics, please.
>
>   I'm sorry, but I don't understand.

I know. It is a pity but you seem unable to step over anything you have
though of and see a little further.
Why I think you should not go into politics based on this case is that
there are things as laws, constitutions, international laws, human
rights and simple common decency and you are prepared to give them all
up just because you think illegal immigration is a big problem.
I know it is a problem, but not of a magnitude that even remotely could
warrant such drastic action.

That is what also in the other thread of the discussion seems to be the
problem, you want to kill a mosquito using a canon (or whatever the
English expression is). A couple of us have again and again tried to
point to the fact that using canons gives collateral damage. All you do
is reiterate that you want to kill the mosquito and asking why we want
to let it live. Well we don't, we just don't want to use that canon.

>   I'm sorry, but if your politics consist of ideas like "the country who
> the illegal immigrant succeeded in entering becomes responsible for feeding
> him", then I honestly wouldn't want that kind of politics. Please never,
> ever go into politics, thank you very much.

Always one of the highlights of a discussion: the returning an argument.
Anyway, your premise is false hence nothing follows.

BTW: I know you are familiar with the technical term for wrongly
paraphrasing an opponents point of view and attacking that paraphrase. I
also know you rather frequently accuse others of it, so why do you do it
yourself? IMWTK