POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) : Re: Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:25:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
From: andrel
Date: 2 May 2010 04:02:15
Message: <4BDD3181.5050102@gmail.com>
On 2-5-2010 8:24, Warp wrote:
>>>   And then watch illegal immigration raise. Right.
>
>> Wrong.
>
>   The police should stop looking for illegal immigrants, and that will not
> cause illegal immigration to raise? Can you give some kind of explanation
> how that works?

Your logic fails. What you propose is not being done ATM and for good
reasons. Stopping doing something that is not done will not give rise to
a raise.

>  Maybe you should awaken to the real world.

It might have escaped you, but IMHO you are the one who is not in
contact with the real world. Or at least fails to see all the
consequences of what he is proposing. No problem as long as you don't go
into politics.

>>>   It's better to allow illegal immigration than to possibly offend someone.
>
>> It it not about offence, it is about human rights and/or the local law.
>
>   It still sounds to me like "the police should stop checking primarily
> Mexican-looking people because it's racism and it offends them".

if it does, read again.

>>>   If find your argument that "the police should not be looking for the
>>> illegal immigrant because doing so might offend someone" even more
>>> disturbing.
>
>> They have all the right to do so, just not based on looks alone.
>
>   Basically, this is pragmatism vs. political correctness.

It is obvious (in the traditional sense as used in mathematics)