POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Context switching : Re: Context switching Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:20:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Context switching
From: andrel
Date: 22 Apr 2010 16:31:36
Message: <4BD0B225.20700@gmail.com>
On 22-4-2010 21:54, Darren New wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>> Ah ok. And how do I do that? I'll find out next week after some
>> deadlines.
>
> http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-6163793.html
>
> GIYF, once you have a basic idea of what the answer looks like. :-)
>
> In particular, peek at Figure G.
>
> If that doesn't help (and you might have to tell it to reindex stuff),
> then there's something out there somewhere that provides a "this is
> really a text file" interface for an arbitrary list of extensions.
>
> http://www.bench3.com/2009/06/customize-search-feature-in-windows.html
> explains that a bit more, showing you where you'll see it.  See if that
> helps. And again, remember that unless you wait for the rebuild of the
> index, it won't necessarily show up right away.

Although this is for vista, I get the idea.

Basically what happens is that while I still think a file is a sequence
of bytes my OS suddenly has started thinking about the contents and
meaning of my files. I wasn't expecting that, so I was dumbfounded that
the utilities that used to work suddenly didn't behave as before. They
probably have advertised this increase in user friendliness extensively
and I have not paid attention. Conclusion: it is all my fault.

BTW is there a switch to tell the system that it can keep the PnP, the
USB support and the filesystems but otherwise stop trying to 'help' me
and behave like a simple windows 95 machine?