POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another philosophical religious thought... : Re: Another philosophical religious thought... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:20:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another philosophical religious thought...
From: andrel
Date: 20 Apr 2010 09:22:50
Message: <4BCDAAA7.4050207@gmail.com>
On 20-4-2010 6:02, Darren New wrote:
> Kevin Wampler wrote:
>> Ahh, I did not understand that was the point you were making.  Of
>> course even so then there's still cephalopod eyes and such that would
>> need actual design.
>
> Nah. They're obviously inferior to the eyes God made in His own image.
> Otherwise, God's eyes wouldn't be the best, and God would thus be
> imperfect, right? Hence, they're merely God's eyes with imperfections
> added in. ;-)

You mean imperfections like letting the light pass through a layer of
vasculature and horizontal cells before reaching the photosensitive cells?

IIRC the octopus eye is much better designed than a human one and many a
vertebrate eye is more sensitive than ours but that is probably not the
point you are making.