POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Nostalga concentrate : Re: Nostalga concentrate Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:20:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nostalga concentrate
From: andrel
Date: 30 Mar 2010 05:16:36
Message: <4BB1C173.5060100@gmail.com>
On 30-3-2010 10:25, Invisible wrote:
> John VanSickle wrote:
>
>> Although some genres produce nothing but junk, or have produced
>> nothing new since the first couple of albums by the first couple of
>> artists.
>
> Perhaps. Of course, one person's generic clones are another person's
> distinctive sounds. It's all pretty subjective.

An important thing is whether you have heard enough of it to notice the
differences. For many young persons used to listening to pop/rock or
worse all violin concertos will sound the same.
Also reminds me of the story of a friend who lived some time in a
japanese village. There was another european woman there. Most japanese
could not keep them apart, eventhough one was long and blond and the
other short and redhaired. As we all know, all chinese look the same
(though not to Darren, who has only trouble with Aboriginals and Koreans).

I can't find the source but once I read a comment about two loreena
mckennitt albums that it was the same music because on both albums she
played piano and harp; on both albums there were instrumentals, ones
with own lyrics and an old poem set to music. See: they are the same.