POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Scientific Faith : Re: Scientific Faith Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scientific Faith
From: andrel
Date: 29 Mar 2010 11:59:52
Message: <4BB0CE78.6010900@gmail.com>
On 28-3-2010 21:06, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> If you mean "the universe is deterministic", well if that isn't the
> case, it is impossible to know anything, and we can stop now.

Depending a bit on what you mean by deterministic, but in my definition
the universe isn't. That is what Einstein-Podolski-Rosen was about.

> Science is, by definition, only concerned with that which is provable.
> This isn't necessarily what is true, just what you can prove.

Which doesn't stop scientists from being mostly concerned about their
own position and securing the next grant (even if they need to stab a
colleague in the back).