POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pricing : Re: Pricing Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pricing
From: andrel
Date: 18 Feb 2010 16:43:14
Message: <4B7DB475.8020206@gmail.com>

http://basicinstructions.net/basic-instructions/2009/9/23/how-to-riff-on-an-idea.html

> That was quick :-)
>
> Yes a riff or as people with an education say "reductio ad absurdum" :-P
> But then the first move can instigate a counter move which if you know
> that it is coming can open the opportunity for a counter-counter move
> und so weiter.

There is that. Also you get penalized for not moving so 2 judo masters
may both move a bit while keeping fully balanced continually.
If both are good enough for the arms race mentioned above you may even
start some sort of complicated dance until one sees an opportunity he or
she thinks the other one missed. (One of the reasons why I don't dance).
In big tournaments the whole idea of judo is perverted and mainly
reduced to a fight who gets the best grip on the other persons jacket.
(One of the reasons why I never compete in a tournament)