POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Free will : Re: Free will Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:17:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Free will
From: andrel
Date: 26 Jan 2010 16:33:26
Message: <4B5F5FA6.2070106@hotmail.com>
On 26-1-2010 22:07, Darren New wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>> Do you happen to read alt.fan.douglas-adams?
>
> No. My ISP stopped carrying newsgroups a while ago, and all the web
> interfaces to them are too painful to be worth trying to use.

I asked because in that newsgroup there was yesterday this message:
The Eighth Douglas Adams Memorial Lecture: Professor Marcus du Sautoy:
“42: the answer to life, the universe and prime numbers”

The Royal Geographical Society, London, SW7 2AR

Thursday 11 March 2010

7.30pm (doors open 6.30pm)

We are very pleased to announce that Professor Marcus du Sautoy will
be giving the Eighth Douglas Adams Memorial Lecture. He will be giving
a talk on a very Douglas themed number - the number 42!

Marcus du Sautoy is the Charles Simonyi Professor for the Public
Understanding of Science and Professor of Mathematics at the
University of Oxford and a Fellow of New College. He has been named by
the Independent on Sunday as one of the UK's leading scientists. In
2001 he won the prestigious Berwick Prize of the London Mathematical
Society awarded every two years to reward the best mathematical
research made by a mathematician under 40. In 2004 Esquire Magazine
chose him as one of the 100 most influential people under 40 in
Britain and in 2008 he was included in the prestigious directory Who’s
Who.

Comedy writer and television & radio presenter, Clive Anderson has
provisionally agreed to MC the Eighth Douglas Adams Memorial lecture.

Tickets: £15

Available from: www.savetherhino.org or call 020 7357 7474

I had never heard of this guy and twice within 24 hours made me suspicious.