POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Michael Jackson : Re: Michael Jackson Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:22:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Michael Jackson
From: andrel
Date: 26 Jan 2010 15:20:20
Message: <4B5F4E84.2050605@hotmail.com>
On 26-1-2010 21:07, Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay wrote:
> I'm confused.
>
> In June of 2009, Michael Jackson was a complete joke.  He was a pedophile
> who got away with it, and everyone "knew" it.  All of his musical
> accomplishments were largely forgotten, or swept under the rug.
>
> Then he died.
>
> For the next 2 months, he was on TV every single day, often MTV or VH1, but
> nearly every day, someone was running a special about him on some channel.
> Someone put together a movie.  You'd hear his songs being played in cars as
> they drove by.  Suddenly, it was perfectly ok to like Michael Jackson again
> without being laughed at.  Why?

There is a real possibility that if the comeback show was a success that
that would also have had a positive turn for him.

> When OJ dies, are we suddenly going to celebrate his NFL accomplishments
> again?

I don't, but you might.

> This all seems wrong.  It would make more sense to either forgive
> the person while they are alive, or to continuing laughing at them after
> they die.  This sort of switch seems very disengenuous to me.

I disagree. You always judge a living person as who he is now. And even
if you don't try to, the media will. When hse dies you look at the
entire lifespan.

It is also sort of the same for family and spouses. You may be in the
final stages of a divorce, but when hse dies you will mainly remember
why you married in the first place.