POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : GPU rendering : Re: GPU rendering Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GPU rendering
From: andrel
Date: 16 Jan 2010 13:50:11
Message: <4B520A64.4080307@hotmail.com>
On 16-1-2010 16:40, nemesis wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>>>
>>> they will once code is complete.
>>
>> Ah, still young and naive. I have seen a lot of promising technology
>> and software discontinued after a few years. I think it is highly like
>> (  >70% ) that this particular type of GPU programming will be
>> obsolete in 5 years time.
>
> I look at heavyweights in the industry at large and they seem to think
> differently.  Either you are right and they will all be broke by
> investing on a fad or you are

They can afford to invest in something that will only last a few years.
In fact they have to in order to survive long enough to participate in
the next hype. So I might be right and they are still doing the right
thing.
Is it fair to assume that apart from having no low level programming
skills, your marketing skills are also not very well developed?
Or to ask a personal question that you don't have to answer: what *is*
your background?

>>> We shouldn't have to wait for the iPhone to have a proper GPU to
>>> begin any such coding...
>>
>> Ok, be my guest. I'll wait and see what you come up with.
>
> yes, keep waiting.

I should possibly have stated that a bit clearer: please stop telling
people what they should do if you don't have the skills to understand
the impact of what you are proposing.