POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Keyframe animation libraries : Re: Keyframe animation libraries Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Keyframe animation libraries
From: Leroy Whetstone
Date: 25 Dec 2009 14:26:14
Message: <4B3511CC.7040008@joplin.com>
gregjohn wrote:
> Someone ought to develop a standard system for posing of skeletal structures.
> Then you could just set things up to move along splines.

I don't known how we could do that. My robots are basically stick
figures with around 20 joints not counting the hands and face. When I
first started play with them I tried to be very flexible by letting the
length of the bones be set for each character. I can still do it. But
the poses in keyframe work had to be different for each character. I
haven't use splines for robots because with I'd need 20 splines to
control them. That's a lot to do by hand, maybe some software could do it.
   There are more complicated skeletal structures than my robots. Before
we talk about poses there must be a systematic way of organizing the
structures of different bone counts and bone lengths. If we had that
then we have to organize the way those bones can move. I don't see more
than a handful of people agreeing to any thing.