POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Keyframe animation libraries : Re: Keyframe animation libraries Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:24:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Keyframe animation libraries
From: Leroy Whetstone
Date: 25 Dec 2009 13:12:22
Message: <4B35007C.1000101@joplin.com>
Kenneth wrote:
> For some unfathomable reason, this idea never occurred to me!  :-\
>
> Can you give a simple example of how you go about doing that?  Do you use #if
> blocks for the keyframe poses, or what?
>
> Ken
Well, what I use is not simply to set up. But after the set up is done
then it is relatively easy to use.
  What I do is have a series of Poses in txt files. Then POV uses
another txt file that has a list of the keyframes & their Poses. Using
the POV 'frame_number' searches the list and finds two keyframes then
using the simply formula A+(B-A)*T calculates the pose for a particular
'frame_number'.
  In formula  A+(B-A)*T
    A= a value(vector or Float) in the first pose
    B= a value(vector or Float) in the second pose
    T= the difference between the first keyframe and the'frame_number'
        divided by the second minus first keyframe
This gives a linear transition between poses.

The main Idea behind all this is that I wanted to be able to reuse the
poses it different animations. It works great for the short animations I
was doing. But after I done a few dozen my number of base poses got so
large it was hard to keep track of them all. So now I keep a pose folder
for each animation project and make new poses and copy any of base to it.

Hope this helps.
I have the Robots on my Web site it you want to know more.
http://leroywhetstone.s5.com/