POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Should private schools be banned? : Re: Should private schools be banned? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:19:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Should private schools be banned?
From: andrel
Date: 25 Dec 2009 09:55:33
Message: <4B34D260.6040204@hotmail.com>
On 25-12-2009 14:27, somebody wrote:
> "Tim Cook" <z99### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
>> Warp wrote:
>
>>>   It still sounds to me like "rich people shouldn't get privileges just
>>> because they have more money, that's unfair". The word jealousy comes to
>>> mind.
>
>> The general reaction I've observed from people in the US about this
>> whole healthcare debacle also boils down to "what's in it for ME?
>
> That's a very, possibly the only, legitimate question.

Only in the US, on this side of the Atlantic things are different*.
Besides we take that 'ME' a bit wider, including more complicated
concepts like: If health care improves for a group I do not belong to
now, do I know people who do and might I one day be part of that group?
Indeed that Buxton index at work again.

* strangly often for religious reasons, but that is a different story.