POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Should private schools be banned? : Re: Should private schools be banned? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:17:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Should private schools be banned?
From: andrel
Date: 24 Dec 2009 18:54:26
Message: <4B33FF2D.9020806@hotmail.com>
On 24-12-2009 23:43, Warp wrote:
> andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> There are too many subtleties involved about the British social
>> structure in this case, so I won't comment. Not on this specific
>> situation nor in general as every country has it's own culture and
>> history of education. We don't really have such private schools and
>> those that may come closest have no impact on the social structure of
>> the country, so I won't even comment on whether it is sensible or
>> desirable in the Dutch situation.
>
>   I don't even know if there are private schools in Finland. Even if there
> are, they aren't really part of the Finnish culture or society. It's kind
> of given that everybody goes to regular school.

Then you don't know what it is to live in a country where almost the
entire elite is recruited from a few schools that are only open to the
elite. I don't live in such a system either, hence my reluctance to
interpret any comment from a British citizen about his own system as
mainly jealousy.
Btw, you interpreted yourself a letter you read without a reference to
the source. Without that nobody can judge if you correctly got the main
point or that this is an inadvertent straw man argument.