POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why people don't like Star Wars I : Re: Why people don't like Star Wars I Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:19:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why people don't like Star Wars I
From: andrel
Date: 21 Dec 2009 18:25:37
Message: <4B3003EF.1080104@hotmail.com>
On 21-12-2009 23:31, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>
>> I am pretty sure he does pronounce them the same, otherwise he would
>> not make that mistake.
>
> Indeed, the pronunciation is pretty similar.
>
> Much like the way every known human pronounces "flower" and "flour"
> identically.

So, am I not human or am I not known? I do pronounce them differently.
flower is a clear 2 syllable word whereas flour is almost a one syllable
word for me. Subtle but definitely not identical.
Or do you mean that I pronounce the Dutch words for flower (bloem) and
flour (bloem) the same? Because that is indeed the case.

> On the other hand, I frequently get "make" and "made" mixed up, for an
> entirely different reason. :-/
>
> Basically I suck at writing...

Nothing a good editor would not catch. I have a different problem: the
good editor catches nothing.