POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wow! : Re: Wow! Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:18:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wow!
From: andrel
Date: 21 Dec 2009 10:09:45
Message: <4B2F8FB8.6030400@hotmail.com>
On 21-12-2009 9:06, Nekar Xenos wrote:
> I saw Avatar on IMAX this weekend. It definitely was the most beautiful
> and realistic computer graphics I've ever seen! It was a choice between
> IMAX and 3d. Since 3d hurts my eyes and I've never been in an IMAX
> theatre before, I went for IMAX.
>
> Anybody seen it in 3d yet?

No, but I intend to. I have seen some short scenes on TV, they look
interesting, but I had the impression that realistic physics was not a
goal. Big flapping animals where only the wings moved and the body just
went straight ahead. I would assume that flapping would have an effect
of the direction of movement, otherwise, why flap at all? Also some
curves in the path that did not seem to match the orientation of the wings.
Anyway, that is based on 30s fragments on a small 2D screen. I know that
is a case of YKYHBRTL and other forms of obsessive behaviour, and I
might be totally wrong.