POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wasn't someone talking about ESP here? : Re: Wasn't someone talking about ESP here? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:18:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wasn't someone talking about ESP here?
From: andrel
Date: 6 Dec 2009 05:03:14
Message: <4B1B8160.4030507@hotmail.com>
On 6-12-2009 1:38, Darren New wrote:
> http://lesswrong.com/lw/1ib/parapsychology_the_control_group_for_science/
>
> An interesting observation...

On the question of how many results in real science are wrong: in
Medicine about one in twenty as everybody uses a p-value of .05 for
significance.
That is for the measurable quantities. There are also wrong ideas,
explanations, procedures, and theories. That is much harder to quantify.
Within my own field I know at least 4 (including one where we may be
wrong), but I have no idea about how many there are in total.