POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Operation downfall : Re: Operation downfall Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:25:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Operation downfall
From: andrel
Date: 2 Dec 2009 13:22:00
Message: <4B16B048.6060609@hotmail.com>
On 2-12-2009 10:41, Invisible wrote:

>> What you've demonstrated here is a fair amount of skill.  Experience
>> comes with time.  Nobody leaves school or their first job with massive
>> amounts of experience.
>
> Well Warp seems fairly convinced that I'm a rubbish programmer

I am not sure how he could say that (or even if he did) from the small
snippets of code that you posted. I think there are many sides to a
programmer, I'd rather not judge them just based on some lines they wrote.

> - and, AFAIK, he's the only person here who writes programs for a living.

Which mainly shows that you don't really pay attention to what other
people say. ;)

> My total inability to spell properly is the stuff of legend.

Mainly because you forget to use and/or install a spelling checker.
Again writing has many more sides than spelling alone.

> I'm pretty
> hopeless with mathematics too... What makes you think I have skills?

At least you are trying.

>> Bingo, that's my point.  Some people can't expect to be employed near
>> where they live because where they live may not be near the jobs
>> they're able to do.
>
> Erm... like I say, I don't know of anybody who had to move just to find
> work.

Is that not simply equivalent to: 'I don't know anybody'?