POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Google Wave? : Re: Google Wave? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Google Wave?
From: andrel
Date: 15 Nov 2009 06:24:11
Message: <4AFFE4DA.10201@hotmail.com>
On 15-11-2009 2:25, gregjohn wrote:
> SharkD <mik### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> What?
>>

> WIYF: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Wave
>
> Google Wave is some kind of "collaboration" tool.  It allows people to
> collaborate on things through the sharing of documents.   It may be lame or the
> next thing,  but the only group of people I could imagine wanting to share such
> things is povray enthusiasts.  I don't know what I'd want to share with people
> at my church, in contrast.
>
> The rollout of Google Wave is being handled similar to that of gmail. I myself
> got an account, but I don't have any invites to give.  Perhaps people could use
> this thread as a place to share or request invites in this community.
>
> If anyone is already on GW, my account is @googlewave, but has the same userid
> as that yahoo account listed as login here for me.

I am not. From what I have seen of it, it does not add much new
functionality over existing applications. It might make some things
easier to do but that won't make it a killer app. If it can replace
(non-pov) nntp-newsgroups when these are killed by spam that may be
something.
Anyway, with my current schedule I don't see much opportunity to
collaborate on anything :(
But it is another reason to think about the future of computing, only..
no time for that either :(