POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 2012 : Re: 2012 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2012
From: andrel
Date: 28 Oct 2009 17:27:51
Message: <4AE8B758.9050502@hotmail.com>
On 28-10-2009 9:49, Patrick Elliott wrote:
> andrel wrote:

>>> Ok.. Example - Some believer says, "I went to the doctor, who checked
>>> me out, and told me I have X problem. However, since I don't believe
>>> in modern medicine, I am going to reject what the doctor recommended
>>> I take for it, and pray instead." You can find myriad such examples,
>>> where someone applies logic, or even science, to figuring something
>>> out, then turns right around, when attempting to apply the result,
>>> and rejecting the very thing they just used to get there. ID is
>>> another good example. Rejections of ***every single conclusion***
>>> reached by performing the science, yet a demand and insistence that
>>> they need science to prove their own interpretations right, which the
>>> laughable result that nothing they present ever resembles either real
>>> science, valid conclusions, or even and understanding of how science
>>> works at all.
>>
>> yes?....and?...
>>
>> sorry, what was the context and what is your point?
>>

> Hmm. Would it help you to know that an entire political party in the US,
> and one news station seems to now function in this kind of fantasy land
> of ignorance and blind stupidity? Oh, and that in the state that buys
> the *largest* number of text books in the country, and thus tends to
> drive what everyone else has to select from, has been systematically
> replacing everything they can with precisely these sorts of people since
> well before George Bush represented them, never mind before they got him
> elected to be commander in chimp. We are, at the moment, watching the
> rather disturbing trend that, on one hand, they might actually "keep"
> their power base, and make things even worse, while at the same time
> watching a civil war break out in their own party, over whether or not
> certain members are crazy, stupid, ignorant, or religious, enough to
> deserve to *be* members of the party. Its like watching a train wreck,
> form the uneasy position of someone tied to the train track.
>
> Understandably, in such a context, what seems like "minor" wackiness,
> which only effects a few morons that believe it, to you, is a tad more
> serious to *everyone* viewing it from the same room, as it where.

There are some things that I wouldn't say that way, but the big picture
is something I am very familiar with. I still fail to see why you are
telling me, pretending I don't know. As far as I can see there was and
is no reason for that.
Or put another way as, long as you are bringing up points in a
discussion while I think the issue is a metadiscussion we don't get
anywhere.