POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 2012 : Re: 2012 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:21:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2012
From: andrel
Date: 25 Oct 2009 18:39:22
Message: <4AE4D39A.1090607@hotmail.com>
On 25-10-2009 22:57, Saul Luizaga wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>>> It also depends on your definitions of "goodness" and "truth". Many
>>> consider "goodness" to mean, "Upholding the natural order of their
>>> gods world.", and "truth" to be, "The truth of what this order is."
>>
>> Yes, that too. Islam preaches goodness *and* murder if you leave
>> Islam, because that's the goodness of truth!  But you know, it's a
>> book about goodness.
>
> You being an expert on the Koran, right?

Just a word of warning: Darren *has* read a lot about religion, both
holy books and secondary literature, so don't try to out-sarcasm him
without having done your share of reading.

I think this discussion might have been more fruitful if you all tried
to learn from one another in stead of trying to be nasty and sticking to
your point. But that may be just me.