POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Healthcare Efficiency : Re: Healthcare Efficiency Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:22:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Healthcare Efficiency
From: andrel
Date: 30 Sep 2009 16:34:05
Message: <4AC3C0BE.9060608@hotmail.com>
On 30-9-2009 10:21, Slime wrote:
>> The US spends 16% of our GDP on healthcare.  That's more than we spend on
>> defense, and we're fighting in Iraq *and* Afghanastan!
>

> Isn't much of that money going to the people who provide the healthcare?

One of the reasons for their high earnings (at least as given by some us
physicians that I know) is that they have to be able to pay a) the
mal-practice insurance and b) the mal-practice law suits.

> Doesn't that motivate them to provide the best services possible?

No, just what is needed to not be prosecuted, what may in many
circumstances be more than what is considered clinically justifiable
elsewhere.