POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Google stereotypes : Re: Google stereotypes Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:23:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Google stereotypes
From: andrel
Date: 26 Sep 2009 15:31:50
Message: <4ABE6C23.2080509@hotmail.com>
On 26-9-2009 21:04, Darren New wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>> Ok, this lacks some some subtleties, and yes, IANAL.
>
> No doubt there are careers that take more study than lawyering does and
> which are of a bigger general benefit to people, yes.

And earn significantly less money, which was sort of the point.

> I just wouldn't
> say they're "without knowledge or skills". Indeed, in the US, I'm not
> sure you can graduate from undergraduate college and actually be a
> lawyer without additional study. Maybe you can, but I don't know anyone
> who didn't go back to school for it.

I know what you mean. I am just simply a bit annoyed that there are so
much jobs that earn more than a real craftsman. In general I lament the
loss of skills that is going on here right now. Which makes me sad. At
the same time having to witness some very skilled craftsmen that really
know their materials to get laid off or pestered into a desk job makes
me angry. Add to that that the persons that did it made more money,
didn't know anything about what these craftsmen were doing and simply
decided that anything they made could be bought on the internet. Then
you know why I will make some unflattering remarks about some people for
the coming years.