POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : n_to_national_healt =?ISO-8 : Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition to national health care? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:12:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition to national health care?
From: andrel
Date: 25 Aug 2009 16:07:52
Message: <4A944498.2050109@hotmail.com>
On 25-8-2009 4:56, Neeum Zawan wrote:
> On 08/24/09 17:55, andrel wrote:
>> Why have it voluntarily? Doesn't make sense to me. I can only assume
>> that someone wanted to virtually lower the tax burden for political
>> reasons. If that was the case I find that bloody stupid and bloody
>
>     More like financial reasons ;-)

afraid so.

>     You do realize that it's quite possible for a small town to prefer
> not to pay taxes for a fire department in order to save a few bucks,
> don't you? You don't need bad politicians for it to happen.

afraid so.

>     It may be stupid, but it's quite possible.

afraid so.

>     Just as it's stupid for people not to buy health insurance when they
> can afford it. Yet, many intelligent people don't.

That is why health insurance is obligatory here. You can choose your
insurer, you can choose at what level you will be insured starting from
a legal minimum. Which means that I am probably insured for the cost of
a pregnancy even though I have a genetic disorder that prevents me from
getting pregnant.