POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fiction sought : Re: Fiction sought Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:24:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fiction sought
From: andrel
Date: 24 Aug 2009 15:53:29
Message: <4A92EFB8.50408@hotmail.com>
On 24-8-2009 21:29, Bill Pragnell wrote:
> andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> More Zelazny: the Amber decalogy (if that is a word)
>
> Or just the first five, if you have doubts. I tend to recommend that sequence to
> anyone I discuss fiction with!

The opening of the first book is a classic. IIRC terry pratchett
mentions it somewhere. GIYC (google is your curse) you can not say
something like that and not Google it*, in this case, I can not find it.
There are also echo's of it in DA's The Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul.
(If Mr Teatime in hogfather is a reference to that we can start building
trees)

>> Douglas Adams: the Dirk Gently books.
>
> Ooh yes, especially the second one. The first one's cleverer, but the second one
> features more gods. :)

*) that is what I think, but the whole Obama health care discussion
seems to prove me wrong.