POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : n_to_national_healt =?ISO-8 : Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition tonational health care? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:19:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition tonational health care?
From: andrel
Date: 16 Aug 2009 08:05:38
Message: <4A87F615.80009@hotmail.com>
On 16-8-2009 12:51, Warp wrote:
>> I make, say, 10000 quids which I have to tax at 20%, leaving me with
>> 8000 quids.
>
>> Or I make, say, 20000 quids which I have to tax at 25%, leaving me with
>> 15000 quids.
>
>> So is there any incentive for me to make more money? Seems to me like
>> there is indeed...
>
>   But if in the neighbor country your 20000 "quids" get taxed bu 20%, you
> get to keep 16000.
>
>   But I'm not talking about such low difference. I'm talking about someone
> earning eg. 100000 and getting taxed 50%, while in the neighbour country
> he would be taxed eg. 20%.

Tax is a feedback system. In general in every (western) country the
person with a median income earns enough to live comfortably. So if the
tax is higher, the income is higher or the cost of living is lower.
Hence I assume that either you earn more (before tax) for the same
amount of work or you don't spend as much on housing as someone in that
20% neighbouring country.