POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Conspiracy Question : Re: Christian Conspiracy Question Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:17:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christian Conspiracy Question
From: andrel
Date: 4 Aug 2009 15:22:28
Message: <4A788A73.9000607@hotmail.com>
On 4-8-2009 21:10, andrel wrote:

> Only from the perspective of an outsider. Knowledge is not objective, I
> understand why you would like it to be so, but alas...

Isn't there a scene in Goedel Escher Bach where something is proven but
then the focus turns on the proof rules, because they must first be
agreed on. But that requires that you have to agree on how to make rules
  proof rules etc.

Which a.o. shows that you don't have to agree on what constitutes a
proof, you can always go to a meta level. That even works for Euclid. I
think it is clear that somewhere on the third meta level we don't agree.