POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Conspiracy Question : Re: Christian Conspiracy Question Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christian Conspiracy Question
From: andrel
Date: 3 Aug 2009 18:33:17
Message: <4A7765AD.5080702@hotmail.com>
On 3-8-2009 6:40, Darren New wrote:

> Yes. I'm just disputing the word "knowledge."  I think using "knowledge"
> to mean the same as "faith" is diluting the word and making it useless
> for discourse. We already have a word for "knowledge for which I have no
> justification and which I wouldn't disbelieve regardless of presented
> evidence", and that's "faith".

What I said (and I think Jim is along the same line) is not that
knowledge is faith but that those that believe *know* that they are
right. E.g. I know that no god exists for any accepted definition of
god. I can not prove it, yet I will never say the 'I believe that god
does not exist'. Unless from the context it is clear that 'believe' is
meant as an almost synonym for 'know'. I am aware that technically it is
just something I believe and others believe different, that does not
change the fact that I know god does not exist.