POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of conspiracy theories : Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:25:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories
From: andrel
Date: 2 Aug 2009 08:58:18
Message: <4A758D6D.8030002@hotmail.com>
On 31-7-2009 16:04, Stephen wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 06:12:40 +0200, andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>
>> I believe you, it is just that we here don't see that as often (i.e.
>> almost not at all). Perhaps because things like the above do not make
>> sense if you publish them in a Dutch newspaper, other than 'those silly
>> americans', and what is the news value of that?
>
> I've recently found Comedy Central's "The Daily Show" on British TV.
> Very funny and it gives me a lot more respect for Americans. (Well some of them,
> anyway :) )

Over the last few years the daily show seems to have gotten a reputation
of being the only unbiased source of information during elections. All
other general broadcast companies are either too tightly bound to one
political party or too busy avoiding law suits and/or loss of audience
to have an political opinion. One of the reasons for the sharp divide in
the US is that most people only watch a certain number of channels.
Which shape their political points of view which in turn makes watching
a channel with a different opinion impossible. In a way some channels
are using politics to bind the audience.