POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! : Re: Tell me it isn't so! Server Time
10 Oct 2024 15:15:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tell me it isn't so!
From: andrel
Date: 27 Jul 2009 15:47:30
Message: <4A6E0454.2090507@hotmail.com>
On 27-7-2009 21:20, David H. Burns wrote:
> clipka wrote:
>> Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:
>>> And not because of any of the dozens of *actual* reasons that have been
>>> described over the years.  No, just a conspiracy by the elite to make
>>> you,
>>> David Burns, feel bad that programming is hard. <plonk>
>>
>> Hmm, I think plonking him is a bit too extreme a reaction...
>>

> What's "plonk"? Or maybe I don't won't to know. ;)

plonk is the sound made when someone is dropped in a kill-file

http://catb.org/jargon/html/P/plonk.html
http://catb.org/jargon/html/K/kill-file.html

in short he said he is going to arrange that he won't see any message
from you again. Even shorter, he decided you are a troll.

BTW I agree with clipka, it is a bit of overreacting. It is also a bit
out of character for Darren, so I guess he was just tired.