POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! : Re: Tell me it isn't so! Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:22:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tell me it isn't so!
From: David H  Burns
Date: 26 Jul 2009 21:27:14
Message: <4A6D0271.8010703@cherokeetel.net>
Neeum Zawan wrote:

>     BASIC? Not my favorite, but I have fond memories of it.
>
>     Can't imagine anything people would be more scared to admit to.

You are right on both counts. BASIC was (and I guess still is) despised
by the "real programmers"
as not being a *real* programming language.
The fact is (that is to say, "my opinion is") that those who talked that
way rightly perceived it as a
threat to their elite status and so its development was squelched. The
VB's are different animals.

Well enough of that. :)

David